Code of Conduct
Mystical Realms is a place where all should feel welcome. As with other chat sites and message boards, this means establishing a few basic rules of courtesy. All members must obey the CoC or risk losing access to the site.
Unsure what constitutes misbehaving? Or perhaps you like reading legalese when you aren't role playing? Read on!
Behave yourself. Treat other people you encounter in the rooms just as you would treat them in person - politely. Playing an evil character does not exempt you from this rule. Know who you are role playing with and make sure they know you and your character.
If a member of Mystical Realms chat cannot behave, Mystical Realms staff members or a site administrator will block the person's username so he or she cannot log in again. This prevents further abuse in the chat rooms and on the message boards.
Mystical Realms, reserves the right, but does not assume the responsibility, to restrict communication which Mystical Realms deems in its discretion to be harmful to individual guests, damaging to the communities which make up Mystical Realms, or in violation of Mystical Realms's or any third-party rights. Disruptive behaviors in the public chat rooms and message boards include (but are not limited to):
- Hate speech (including words "masked" by using replacement characters or spread out with spaces or other characters).
- Any abusive or harassing behavior directed toward any one individual or group of individuals, either in public or by using the /msg Chat Command, is strictly prohibited. Posting any unlawful, libelous, threatening, abusive, disruptive, obscene or vulgar material or message in violation of the rights of any person, or which constitutes a criminal offense, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law.
- Deliberate abuse of Mysical Realms' privacy codes between alternate handles in a hateful or malicious way with the intent to deceive another member in order to humiliate, defame or cause emotional harm.
- Any ongoing abusive or detrimental speech that harms the communities, individuals, and/or Mystical Realms site as a whole.
- Impersonation of another person or screen name (including "faking" a screen name by using similar-looking text characters).
- Out-of-character chat in the designated interactive story role-playing rooms/boards that covers the discussion of illegal activities.
- Using a vulgar, obscene or otherwise offensive handle or screen name.
- Public depiction of sexually explicit material (including in-character "sex scenes").
- Using any feature or service of Mystical Realms website for advertising or promotion of a commercial product without the express, written consent of Mystical Storm.
- Aiding a person who has been banned back into the chat or deliberatly hiding a banned person's existence from the administration.
- Not abiding by the rules of the game, chat site, and world in-character.
Out of Character Relationships
We understand that at times at Mystical Realms friendships and romance can extend far beyond the realm of Zatrikion into reality. However, Mystical Realms operates within the United States of America and is therefore bound by its laws. We have set up our age ranks to clearly and plainly display who is a minor and who is an adult in accordance to the USA. Sometimes the boundary between "In Character" (IC) and "Out of Character" (OOC) can become blurred, so we make it simple. There will be no sexual scenarios conducted IC or OOC between fledglings (minors) and ancients (adults). And this extends to the private rooms. Moreover, we will not tolerate any sort of romantic relationship between fledglings and ancients OOC. ANYONE caught breaking this rule will be subject to disciplinary procedures including potentially the loss of membership to Mystical Realms.
Generally, a moderator will first warn a patron that he or she has committed a CoC infraction. A second offense will result in that patron's being "booted" from the room. A patron committing a third offense loses the screen name with which they have logged in. However, this does not mean you can expect three "new" warnings for a different screen name. Warnings are cumulative to the user, not a screen name. Immediately logging back in under another name and breaking the CoC may get that name stripped as well. Someone who has become an habitual offender beyond these measures risks banning from the site as a whole.
These procedures are only meant to be rough guidelines, as each chat situation is different and may require other measures to ensure the friendly orientation of the site. The site administrator is the final judge of whether a resident's behavior qualifies as disruption.
You Can Make Mystical Realms a Better Place!!
Moderators can't be everywhere at once. Therefore, if you witness a post either in chat or on the message board that you believe harms a guest, damages Mystical Realms, or violates some third-party's rights, please make a note of the time/place where the event occurred and contact a RK immediately or write firstname.lastname@example.org
Regarding the uploading and upkeeping of the Realms section. The following are forbidden:
Uploading or reproducing any information protected by copyright, without first obtaining permission of the copyright owner. Only public domain files, and files where the author has given you express consent to copy and redistribute online or otherwise, may be uploaded to Mystical Realm.
Uploading files containing computer viruses or other disruptive programs.
Acquiring or attempting to acquire passwords (passcodes), credit card numbers, financial or other personal information from any user of Mystical Realms.
Uploading pornographic or other vulgar material.
Mystical Realms may terminate/delete your character, temporarily or permanently ban you from all or specific areas of the website, or take any other action, if it believes, in its sole discretion, that you have violated any of the items listed in this Code of Conduct.
Information, content and materials which you find published on Mystical Realms website may be the property of Mystical Realms or others, and are protected by copyright and/or registered trademarks. You may not copy, redistribute, use or commercially exploit such materials without the express written permission of the owner(s).
© Mystical Realms, 2001 - 2011
Last updated 01-11